In addition to serving as Of Counsel at FSC, Meijken Westenskow is the Assistant Director of Academic Success and Bar Readiness at the UNT Dallas College of Law, where she teaches a number of lawyering skills courses and counsels individual students to strengthen their academic skills and prepare them for the bar exam and legal practice.
Meijken graduated from Brigham Young University, where she earned a B.A. in international development. She then went on to receive her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
From 2009 to 2018, Meijken worked as a staff attorney and Legal Program Director for Mosaic Family Services, Inc. Mosaic provides a range of services to survivors of human rights abuses, including refugees, survivors of domestic violence, and survivors of human trafficking. Meijken provided family and immigration law services to Mosaic’s clients and oversaw the agency’s legal program.
In 2017, Meijken received the Patrick Wiseman Award from the State Bar of Texas Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section for her civil rights work in Texas.
Prior to working for Mosaic, Meijken worked for Orbitz Worldwide where she managed a team of four attorneys in a review of the Orbitz Worldwide contract database to complete the assignment or replication of over 300 contracts after Orbitz’s initial public offering, aided in contract negotiations, provided legal counsel to Orbitz managers and salespeople, and performed document reviews in relation to antitrust, contract, securities, and insurance litigation on behalf of several firms in Chicago, Illinois, and Dallas, Texas.
When Meijken isn’t practicing or teaching law, she enjoys spending her time traveling and exploring the outdoors while hiking, backpacking, biking, or skiing.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Brigham Young University, B.A.
- Virginia (Inactive)
- Recipient, 2017 Wiseman Award, Individuals Rights & Responsibilities Section, State Bar of Texas
- The Texas Essay Exam Final Study Guide, UNT Dallas College of Law
- Procedure and Evidence Study Manual, UNT Dallas College of Law
- Pro Bono Training Manual, Mosaic Family Services
- Changes to the I-918 Supplement B Certification Form, Arlington Police Department, Arlington, Texas, June 2017
- Case Study: U.S. v. Murra, North Texas Anti-Trafficking Task Force, Ft. Worth, Texas, December 2016